From Local 3 News: Chattanooga firefighters dealt with two house fires overnight Tuesday and Wednesday. In the first fire, two people
From Local 3 News: Chattanooga firefighters dealt with two house fires overnight Tuesday and Wednesday.
In the first fire, two people were displaced by a an electrical fire late Tuesday night.
Firefighters were dispatched to the home in the 4100 block of Bonny Oaks Drive, at the corner of Bonny Oaks and Churchill Road at about 10:50pm Tuesday.
People in the house reported smelling something burning inside the home. Firefighters found fire in the front corner of the residence.
The blaze proved too much to be fully extinguished before EPB crews to arrive and shut down power to the home.
As crews checked the fire’s progress, wires arced, making for a dangerous situation for firefighters.
Once the electric power was cut, firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze.
The fire was determined to have been caused by electrical issues.
The second fire was at a home in the 3900 block of Graceland Trail.
When firefighters arrived at the home about 2:30am Wednesday, they found found heavy fire coming from the house.
With all people safely out of the home, firefighters were able to put the fire out after searching the home.
Chattanooga Fire says that it appears that the fire began in the basement and moved up to the second floor. When the floors became spongy, firefighters switched to an exterior approach for safety reasons.
Crews remained at the scene for several hours to extinguish hot spots.
No injuries were reported.