- Return the registration form (available at Don Ledford Chevrolet) prior to May 18th to guarantee your spot or click here to register online.
- Bring (2) identical pies to Don Ledford Automotive Center between 9 am and 11 am on Sat., May 25th.
- Judging begins at 11 am.
Call Kyle Johnson at (423) 476-1191 at Don Ledford with any questions. The event is open to the public, all day. Join us for a family fun weekend!
- Appearance- 10%
- Filling & Crust- 40%
- Overall Flavor/ Taste- 50%
Rules & Regulations
- The contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an apple pie.
- Only Double Crust apple pies will be accepted. Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s will be allowed.
- Pie must be checked in by 11 am on contest day- May 25th, 2013.
- No other fruits may be added. Juices are okay.
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- Entries cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs. This includes whites or yolks. Egg must reach 160 degrees fahrenheit to be considered cooked.
- Bake pies in disposable pans only as pans will not be returned.
- Pies will be scored on appearance, filling & crust and overall flavor/ taste.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top (3) pies.
- Official contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
Following judging, pies will be sold to the crowd. All proceeds will be donated to Cleveland Youth Sports. Non-contest pies are happily accepted for raising donations.